“Success isn’t given, it is earned. On the track, on the field, in the gym. With blood, sweat and the occasional tear.” – Nike
The Off-Season Hockey Training Program at Limitless Performance is focused on taking your game to the NEXT LEVEL. The focus is building character, developing skill, unleashing athleticism, and producing increased strength and conditioning levels.
We have a Program for YOU! Whether you are a minor hockey player looking play at the highest level, and junior player looking to play at the college level, or a college player looking to play at the pro level.
1. Functional Strength: Functional strength training involves performing compound/multi-joint exercises designed to enhance the relationship between your body’s muscular and nervous systems. Improving full body strength to enhance athletic performance! There is no myth that Speed is generated from Power – Sprinters, Speed Skaters, and ALL other Speed Athletes have tremendous Strength, Power, and Speed!
2. Sports Conditioning: Anaerobic (short bursts between zero seconds and two minutes) and Aerobic (cardiovascular based conditioning greater than two minutes) training are used to improve the athlete’s overall sports conditioning levels.
3. Plyometric Training: Based on the Russian and European style of athletic training, plyometrics are the combination of strength, speed, specific muscular endurance, and most importantly the ability to be explosive and powerful.
4. Speed-Agility-Quickness: The combination of strength, conditioning, and explosive power. Speed, Agility, and Quickness are the key factors for elite athletes. Transfering the strength and conditioning into athletic play through speed, agility and quickness must be developed through drills and exercises away from the field of play.
5. Flexibility and Maintenance: At Limitless Performance it is crucial that our athletes maintain their muscular flexibility to allow for complete strength development. It is also crucial that athletes maintain their flexibility to prevent injuries during their seasons! Daily and weekly maintenance are an important part of the Limitless program to ensure athlete success.
6. Nutrition: It is no myth that without proper nutrition and supplementation athletes will not achieve peak performance levels. Athletes are provided with nutritional coaching and the opportunity to participate in our nutrition and/or supplement programs to maximize success. At Limitless it is extremely important that our athlete’s understand that without proper nutrition and recovery they are limiting their opportunities to achieve their athletic goals!