Athletes In-Season – 4 Tips to Prepare for Tryouts & Training Camp
Tryouts & Training Camps are just around the corner!
Playoffs are here and your body is going through the most aches and pains of the season PLUS in 8-12 weeks you need to be feeling 100% for your Tryouts and Camps.
4 Strategies from the Pros to Prepare:
To help you we have created 4 strategies to get you feeling healthy and STRONG so you can perform at your absolute BEST.
Tip # 1 – RECOVERY
There isn’t a lot of time between the end of the season and tryouts but the VALUE of a week of rest is PRICELESS for your body and mind.
- Not being a couch potato – A recovery week doesn’t mean sitting on the couch watching TV, etc.
- Recovery Strategies –
- Get out with your buddies and have some FUN
- Play some SPORTS you haven’t played in a while
- Be ACTIVE
- Lots of SLEEP
Tip # 2 – NUTRITION
Keep your good nutrition habits from the season and carry them over to your tryout prep:
- Breakfast (and a good breakfast) is a MUST
- Snacks throughout the day – fruits, veggies, nuts, PB & , etc.
- Lunch at school or work MUST be healthy
- Dinner should be a FEAST to fuel your body to grow
- Healthy Snack before bed to give your muscles fuel while you sleep
Tip # 3 – OFF-ICE PREP
You LOST strength during the season, it’s inevitable. To be at the top your game for tryouts you need to build it back!
- Hockey Specific Training 2x/week
- Speed/Agility/Quickness (15 mins)
- Explosive Strength/Power (30 mins)
- Conditioning (10-15 mins)
- 45-60 min Moderate – High Intensity Training
- Training 4-6 weeks before tryouts to build back strength and speed
- Stretch at home in the morning or before bed
- Play other sports
Tip # 4 – ON-ICE TRAINING
Minimize your ice-time during these weeks. Just enough to maintain your skill.
- Moderate Intensity Training focused on SKILL
- 60-90 mins per week
LP Tryout Prep Program
2x/week – 1 hour Training Sessions
- Nutrition for Sport Workshop
- Tryout Preparation Seminar
- Stretching & Recovery Clinic
LP Athlete Nutrition Guide
Access to Nutrition, Stretching & Recovery Resources
March 5th – April 27th
$50/Week OR $350 Full Program (+HST)