The Fit Life – 2019.2 – Rolling Secrets Revealed
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
If you want to perform today, tomorrow, next week, next year, a decade from now, THEN Rolling MUST be part of your routine. If you want to learn more about the benefits to your performance and recovery keep reading.
- Improve Mobility – Pre-exercise rolling leads to improved mobility without sacrificing performance that static stretching has been known to do.
- Boost Performance – Essentially, foam rolling is like an “on” switch for your muscles. It gets the body fired up and ready to perform.
- Injury Prevention – May help to reduce stress and strain on muscles during exercise.
- Speed-up Recovery – Can reduce delayed-onset muscle soreness and increase the chances that you’ll be able to perform well in your next workout.
Foam rolling is a relatively new field of study and therefore more research is needed to understand all of its benefits and the mechanisms for why it works. But, for now, the current research suggests that anyone interested in feeling better, performing better, and maintaining an active lifestyle should make foam rolling a regular habit.
LP’s Top Rated Rolling Routines:
- The 1st Routine is Traditional Foam Rolling which is great if you are new to Foam Rolling and have a generally healthy body. Great for a head to toe flush before or after workout.
- The 2nd Routine is Deep Tissue Rolling which is done on a lacrosse ball or specialized mobility ball and gets deeper into the tissue to break down any scar tissue or tightness in a targeted area. Great for an injury or aches/pains in a particular area.
- The 3rd Routine is a relatively unknown routine to North America but a very popular routine with European Athletes and is a combination on Routine 1 and 2. Barbell Rolling gives you the coverage of the traditional routine with the intensity of deep tissue routine. Great for the warriors.
Check out our favourite items!
- Grid Foam Roller – Basic but does the trick
- Hyperice Vyper – Up the ante with the vibration
- MobilityWOD Supernova – More global pressure
It’s not a workout, it’s a lifestyle
– The LP Team