The Fit Life – 2019.24 – Improving Your Performance
Who has been to Physio before?!?! If you grew up playing any sort of sports, you have probably been to your Physiotherapist multiple times. I know I have K
What was your experience like?!?! Does this sound right:
Step 1 – Assess the Injury and get sent home with homework
Step 2 – Follow-up Session with ice, stim, electrodes and more homework
Step 3 – Repeat, Repeat, Repeat
Before you know it, a month has gone by and you are still battling through aches and pains, doing your homework (maybe) and booking follow-ups one to two weeks apart. Never getting to the source of the problem or understanding why the injury happened in the first place. Eventually your give up on the physio program and work through the injury on your own.
What should a Physio experience be like?!?! How does this sound:
Step 1 – Run through a Full Body Movement Assessment to assess the problem and more importantly the actual cause and source of the issues you are having or the old problems/injuries that occurred
Step 2 – Run through a 3-Phase Treatment Protocol:
- Phase 1 – Work 1-on-1 with your Physio in 30, 45 or 60 minute Sessions 100% focused on exercises to fix your performance limitation or injury.
- Phase 2 – Work 1-on-1 with your Physio in 30, 45, or 60 minute Sessions focused specifically on applying sport specific or gym specific movements to ensure that the injury does not happen again.
- Phase 3 – Work 1-on-1 with your Physio in 15 or 30 minute Sessions to design a homework plan that you can do on a daily basis to ensure that the injury does not happen again in the future.
Step 3 – Perform better, move better and reduce your risk on injury in the future as your crush your goals.
Over the past 6-months LP has been very lucky to help over 40 LP Members, improve any new or old injuries. Being able to witness the members improving first hand and seeing them doing better in the workouts has been amazing and has inspired us to continue this program and expand on it.
- From seeing Tony H. increase his bench press and not having to rely on his elbow and knee braces during a workout.
- To Tracey at the beginning of her treatment not being able to enjoy a walk with her dog, now going for a 5km run and not experiencing pain after.
- And Tony C. going off and climbing Mount Everest when a month before he was recovering from a bad neck injury.
It’s amazing to not only hear about them doing better with their workouts but also seeing the improvements first hand.
Who is physio for?
- Treating an Injury – Pulled muscle, shoulder pain, knee pain, or back pain.
- Looking to Improve Performance – Mobility, Strength and Imbalances.
- Injury Prevention – Competing, Racing or Training and want to ensure you address any imbalances or limitations to reduce risk of injury.
Sessions are 100% focused on improving aches, pains or limited range of motion. Whether it’s a weakness or an instability, the sessions will be focused on creating perfect movements. Combined with stretching and strengthening to improve any imbalances or tightness.
In the end, the goal is to improve your performance in your workouts and in everything you do including sports, training, races and activities. Does this sound like you? Then this is the program for you.
In order to ensure quality, we are only able to book 4 Assessments on a bi-weekly basis. If you are interested in having a Full Body Movement Assessment completed to assess your overall performance, our next Assessment Day is Tuesday July 2nd. Please contact us to book your 45-Minute Assessment.
Avoid an injury and keep yourself in the game. Keep your body strong, stable, equal and ready to take on any workout or challenge.