The Fit Life – 2019.3 – Coach ADJ’s Wodapalooza Debut
“Growth happens outside of your comfort zone.”
Taking a “recovery week” is far off from the intensity of his 3 day, 7 workout competition finishing up last Sunday. LP’s Coach Adam de Jong takes 5th place at a Crossfit Sanctional RX Competition at Wodapalooza Miami this past weekend and is taking some much deserved mental and physical rest this week. Top 10 was his goal going in and to round out the top 5 made this weekend extra special.
If you didn’t get a chance to see any of the workouts, to recap, they included anything from running, swimming, weightlifting, box jumps, rope climbs, muscle ups and much much more! Oh, and all at a pretty intense pace. Luckily, Coach Adam loves to GRIND!
- 3:45am – Wake up call 😵
- 5am-7am – Two hours of coaching most days
- Even though it may sound early, Adam finds it motivating to watch others working hard and pushing to get better!
- 7am-9am – Time to train
- 30 min warmup, 30 min of strength, 30 min conditioning, 30 min of gymnastic “skill” work
- 9am-4pm – Private coaching, meetings, programming and business development at LP
- 4pm-8pm – Time to wind down and recover
- Still a work in progress but key in his recovery
- Puppy out for a run, dinner, read, bath, stretch and sleep
- 7:45pm – Bedtime 🤔
A typical week:
- Training – 6 days/week x 2 hours/day
- Sleep – 7-8 hours/night 6-7 days/week
- Recovery – 1 hour before bed 4-5x/week (read, stretch, bath, chill)
- Eating, Nutrition, Fuel 💪 What you put in, you get out!
430am – Toast, PB, Banana, 3 HB Egg Whites and Cucumbers
730am – Protein Shake
830am – BCAA & Electrolyte Shake
930am – Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
1230pm – Turkey Burger, Rice and Mixed Greens
330pm – Hummus and Rice Crackers
530pm – Fish/Beef/Pork and Broccoli/Cauliflower
730pm – Casein Protein, Almond Milk, PB
Growth happens outside of your comfort zoneWhether I kill myself or back off, 10 minutes later it’s going to feel the same – Matt FraserWhen you think your body can’t go any further, you’re only 40% of the way there – David Goggins
When asked about giving advice to others who have big goals, Adam encourages others to find a routine that works for them, their schedule and their passion. Surround yourself with like minded people. Find a coach to help you set goals, make a plan and hold you accountable. AND Don’t be a one-hit wonder, be a lifetime performer – Wendy Pauls 🤗
What was in Adam’s gym bag for the trip!
- RPM Scout Rope
- Nike Lifters
- Reebok Nanos
- Rehband Knee Wraps
- Biosteel ARF
- Biosteel HPSD
- ON Natural Casein
- Hyperice Vyper
- MobilityWOD Supernova
– The LP Team