The Fit Life – 2019.31 – How to Build the Perfect Program
If you’re like us, the thought of designing your own workouts everyday is a nightmare! Thank goodness we have Coach Adam for that 😉
You probably remember your old workout program looking the same day-after-day, week-after-week and month-after-month…..BORING RIGHT?!?! And not to mention, not great for your results 🙁
Well, at LP we can also thank Coach Adam for always changing things up so LP Members are always breaking through Fitness Plateaus and never stop achieving great results!
Ok, enough pumping Coach Adam’s ego 😉 BUT, if you’re wondering why LP Members LOVE the LP Workouts month-after-month, here is a little rundown of how Coach Adam designs all of the LP FUN aka Torture!
Planning a Phase or Month of Training
Let’s start with the monthly breakdown. When designing your perfect workout plan, you should break it up into 4, 8 and 12 week progressions. For variety and to make sure you never stop progressing your fitness.
An example of a 4 Week Progression would look like this:
- Week 1 – 10 Reps @ 50% of Max
- Week 2 – 8 Reps @ 60% of Max
- Week 3 – 6 Reps @ 70% of Max
- Week 4 – 4 Reps @ 80% of Max
Another very important change that should be made with your program in each phase is how you pair your movements and exercises:
- Single Exercises or Movements
- Supersets (2 movements paired back to back)
- Circuits (3 or more Exercises Combined)
- Tempo (Speed of Repetitions)
Planning a Weekly Workout Routine
Now, how about making each week challenging, competitive, different and exciting?!?! While still reaching your goals!
The old school set-up included a day dedicated to each – Shoulders, Legs, Chest & Back… With of course lots of steady state cardio and core on a 4 day rotation with a day off in between… Not very practical or exciting for the average person. Right?!?!
Now, how about fitting in Full Body Strength, Conditioning, Body Weight Strength, Gymnastics, and Plyometrics in High Intensity Interval Training on a daily basis to Challenge your Body in a different way each and every day!
Check out a Typical Week at LP in the Month of August:
- Monday (Metabolic Kickstarter) – Start the week by picking up that barbell and burning those legs! Then finish things off with a full body blast conquering that midline strength. You’ll build lean muscle, boost your metabolism and perfect your form!
- Tuesday (Sweat Warrior) – High intensity anaerobic training designed to get your heart pumping and your muscles burning. Boost your athletic performance while burning calories and sweating up a storm!
- Wednesday (Performance & Capacity) – Quality over Quantity. The perfect blend of strength and conditioning with a focus on improving movement for sport, performance or everyday life. Improve the strength of your heart, lungs and muscles all workout long.
- Thursday (Fortitude) – Build your conditioning to tackle anything life throws your way. Feel that burn all workout long by being blasted by 1, 2 or even 3 circuits in a jam-packed hour of training. Fortitude will have you pumped and burning calories all dayyyyy long.
- Friday (Total Body Blast) – The ultimate combo of strength training and circuit training to boost your energy to finish off the week. Work your muscles from head to toe in a pushing and pulling fashion. Don’t underestimate the power of these strength circuits…
- Compete – Start your weekend with a physical and mental test of your strength and your conditioning. Push it to the limit in a “short” high intensity blast of friendly competition.
- HIIT – Work hard and have FUN in this jam packed 30-60 minutes of high intensity interval training. Start the clock and never stop.
- HIIT (Family Friendly) – Bring your children in to experience and learn what the “Fit Life” is all about! Work hard and have FUN in this jam packed 30 minutes of high intensity interval training. Start the clock and never stop.
- Open Gym – It’s time to work on your weaknesses and target specific goal areas.
- Recovery – • If you want to boost your performance and take care of your body, this is the workout designed to encompass all of that. Recovery classes include soft tissue, mobility and stability/strengthening work on muscles and joints.
CLICK HERE to download the August Programming and see the behind the scenes work of your workouts and training plan.
PS: Check out Coach ADJ’s Bonus Work if you want a good chuckle 😉
Planning Daily Workouts
Last but not least, how about each day?!?! How do you set-up a perfect workout so you feel great walking out the door?!?! Feel like you got stronger, more fit and healthier from head to toe!
Here is how LP sets out their days to create a challenging, fun and results driven workout each day:
- Part 1 – Dynamic Warm-up – Heart Rate up & Blood Flowing (5-10mins)
- Part 2 – Movement Prep – Prime and Prepare specific muscle groups for the workout ahead. (5-10mins)
- Part 3 – Strength Training – Focus on building a strong foundation and base of lean muscle, strength and overall power to prepare you for any challenge.
- Part 4 – Conditioning – Anaerobic, Aerobic or Muscular Conditioning to finish off your workout and leave you feeling accomplished.
- Part 5 – Pre/Post Workout – This is time for you to individually target areas where you need to improve through Stretching, Rolling and Isolated Accessory exercises to warm-up or recover.
CLICK HERE to view our daily workouts for more great ideas around your training program.
Next time you walk into the gym, use this as your template to design a challenging, competitive, fun and results driven workout!
To take your results to the next level get yourself a coach and a partner or group of people to push you to take your workout intensity and results to a new level!
Give the LP Workouts a try with our very popular two week trial of unlimited group training workouts, led by inspiring coaches and surrounded by motivated members always striving for more!