The Fit Life – 2019.40 – 25 Ways to Eat Well on the Go!
Life is busy, Life moves fast, you’re always on the go and you don’t always have time to eat home cooked meals! Maybe you travel for business? Maybe your kids are in sports? Or maybe you just like to always be doing something?
Sounds familiar right? SO how do we keep a healthy and fit body while living this crazy lifestyle?!?!
For those of you who don’t know, we just passed the half way point of the Fit Life Challenge at LP, which is focused on building healthy habits and routines around fitness, nutrition and health, with daily and weekly tips and education to help us build a long-term sustainable lifestyle of elite health and fitness!
So, last week we reached out to the challengers, asking them what their biggest limiting factor was to their overall nutrition success?!?!
And to no surprise, one of the biggest areas of challenge was what to do while travelling for business/pleasure, out with colleagues and on the go with friends and family!
We are no different than you, as high performers, we love to live a fast paced lifestyle as we chase after our goals! And over the years we have come up with simple and effective tips and tricks to work hard, play hard and keep a healthy and fit body!
The most common Areas of Struggle when eating well on the go are:
- What to do at home before you go?
- What can I do for a road trip?
- What can I choose at the gas station or airport?
- What to eat on the plane, train or in the hotel room?
- What to eat at restaurants or conferences?
- What to do in an extended stay scenario?
- And most importantly, what to do with your mindset before and during the craziness?!?!
Here are LP’s Top 3 Tricks to keep you Healthy and Fit:
- Fuel up before you go! Don’t leave the house hungry. Have a balanced meal before you head out the door for a crazy morning, afternoon or evening! This will prevent you from reaching for the junk or overindulging on a meal or dessert!
- Pack a Snack! Getting in the car, on the train or plane? Get prepared in advanced with a balanced snack!
- Get your mindset right! Decide whether you are going to be 100% committed or not. Aim for “Better” instead of “Perfect”.
And as a BONUS! Thanks to our friends at Precision Nutrition we have a total of 25 INCREDIBLE TIPS just like these to help you navigate your way through these challenging obstacles!