The Fit Life – 2019.43 – Happy Birthday Coach Adam
33 Years Young! Not so young anymore……Happy Birthday Coach Adam! For those of you who don’t know, Coach Adam – Owner and Head Coach at Limitless Performance – Is on a Mission! A Mission to be the best athlete he can possibly be! BUT, not just in one area of focus but in as many areas of fitness and sport as possible!
It wasn’t long ago, that Coach Adam was so caught up focusing on everyone else’s goals and dreams around him, that he was leaving his behind!
After a combination of circumstances, he finally gave himself permission to do what he loved! Compete, Race, Train and most importantly inspire those around him to do the same! Over the last 18-months he has set the fitness world on fire and has motivated the guys and girls at LP to do the same! He did this after realizing that:
It was the LP Community that Challenged their Leader to do what he did best! Chase after his passion! And Crush his Goals! Turning 33 years old this week, he is celebrating an incredible year of hard work, dedication and more importantly a year focused on crushing his goals!
Last year was the kickstart to his transformation and he hasn’t looked back!
- October 2018 – Qualified for Wodapalooza Worldwide Fitness Competition in Miami
- November 2018 – January 2019 – Focused on Training, Nutrition & Recovery to prepare for Wodapalooza
- February 2019 – Finished in the Top 5 at Wodapalooza CrossFit Competition
- March 2019 – Finished Top 50 in Canada in the CrossFit Open Competition
- April – July 2019 – Shifted his focus to Ironman Triathlon Training
- July 2019 – Finished Top 15 in his Age Group (30-34) at Whistler Ironman Canada
- August 2019 – Qualified for a return back to Wodapalooza in February 2020
WOW! Impressive, BUT none of this would have been possible without a shift in mindset and a shift in focus!
2020 is shaping up to be another incredible year with Wodapalooza to kick-off the year, then a shift to Ironman Triathlon Training and preparation for his first FULL Ironman in the Summer of 2020! Stay tuned for his Massive Goals and Focus for these Competitions and Races!
So, the real question is how does Coach Adam manage all of this? How does he stay healthy? How does he find time? How does he manage priorities? How does he find the energy? How does he not get burnt out? How does he make time for friends and family?
For Coach Adam, training takes 10-15 hours out of his week year round. That’s an average of 1.5-2 hours per day x 7 days per week! To fit this in it means getting to bed before the sun sets and rising before the sun comes up. Saying no to wing night (OK, not all the time). Meal Prepping on Sundays. And following these crucial Keys to Success below.
Here are his Keys to Success:
Above all, a shift in Mindset trumps everything mentioned below! Stop making excuses. Give yourself permission. This is your only life. You’re in control.
These keys to success apply to your passion no matter what the discipline. These are the principles that apply to your health and fitness and will give you the energy, health and strength to CRUSH all of your Goals! Your health and fitness are at the root of your short and long-term success.
- Sacrifice – YES! You will have to sacrifice if you want to chase after your passion!
- Replace Netflix Binges with Sleep
- Replace Sunday Football with Meal Prep
- Replace Friday Nights with Saturday AM Training
- Replace Happy Hour with Saunas, Epsom Baths and Recovery
- Replace Eating Out with Prepared Food
- Recovery is #1 – Therapy, Sleep, Self-Care! Play the Long Game.
- Therapy – Be Proactive. Not Reactive. Build your Team of Therapists.
- Sleep – Is NOT an option! Lebron & Federer Sleep 10 Hours/Day. Find a way.
- Self-Care – Don’t overlook daily relaxation, stretching, fresh air and other tools to lower the stress demands on your mind and your body.
- Nutrition – You CANNOT Cheat!
- Ok, Cheat Meals are OK 🙂 BUT on occasion.
- High Performance Athletes are no different than High Performance Sports Cars.
- Fuel your body with High Performance Food and Fuel.
- High Quality Protein. High Quality Carbs. High Quality Fats. High Quality Nutrients and Supplements.
- Training – Build your Foundation!
- Whether it is CrossFit Season or Endurance Season, the focus is on creating a bulletproof foundation of strength, endurance and mobility.
- Follow a Plan created by an expert so you ensure you are. progressing, avoiding injury and having fun.
- Consistency trumps Intensity every single time. Be consistent with your training. You’re on a highway, not a roller coaster.
- Prioritize – Make a Plan!
- Plan your Life or it will plan you.
- Plan your year, months, weeks and days.
- This takes time. So make time.
- For Adam this is every Sunday for an hour to map out the week ahead.
- Build YOUR Team! Community! Support! Fans! Cheerleaders!
- Are you surrounding yourself with the right people?
- Do you have a circle of influence to push and motivate you?
- Does your team pick you up when you’re down?
- Kick your butt, when you need a wake up call?
Coach Adam has a passion for fitness, competition and sport! BUT the real question is, what’s your passion? What goals are you not chasing after? Are you willing to sacrifice for your goals? Chase after your Passion, your Goals and your Dreams? Resist the temptations of average.
Stop cruising through life, following the rules, giving all of your energy to everything and everyone else. You are #1 and the better you are, the more you can give to those around you! Give yourself permission like Coach Adam and start living your best life! Use his Keys to Success to give you the energy, health and strength to CRUSH all of your Goals!
Follow Coach Adam as he chases after his 2020 Goals! Join him, train alongside him, compete with him and get fuelled by the amazing energy of his support crew – The LP Family!
If you have CrossFit Goals, OCR (Obstacle Course Racing), Running, Triathalon, Cycling or Rec League Sport Goals then start applying these principles today and achieve results that you never imagined possible!