The Fit Life – 2020.02 – Train Like an ATHLETE
Athlete’s are not defined by age! Athlete’s are defined by a mindset. A mindset of daily improvement. A focus improving their technical, physical and mental capabilities.
At Limitless Performance, all of our Members train like athletes. The LP Program is designed to develop technical, physical and mental abilities on a daily basis. In the LP Program their is no limit or ceiling to an athlete’s development. We show up everyday to improve. 1% Better. You Just Got Better.
We take this mindset into designing the LP Program. Our sport is life. We need to be fit, we need to be strong, we need to be resilient, we need to be tough and we need to approach everyday with a growth mindset.
Build your Foundation!
The LP Program is designed to prepare you for whatever endeavour you seek out in life. Whatever sport, challenge, race or competition you pursue. The focus of the LP Program is to build the strongest base of Strength, Conditioning and overall fitness possible so that you can conquer anything you set your mind to!
The LP Strength Program is broken down into 4 x 12 Week Phases throughout the year. Each phase building off the previous phase to create continual progress each training day, week, month and phase:
- Phase 1 – Base Strength – Focus on Building Perfect Form & Technique at lighter loads, moderate intensity and high volume (sets & reps)
- EX: Back Squat – 10 Sets x 3 Reps @ 70% 1RM
- Phase 2 – Strength & Stability – Focus on building strength, stability and muscle balance throughout the entire range of motion. Time under tension is the name of the game.
- EX: Back Squat – 4 Sets x 4 Reps w/ Tempo 44X1
- Phase 3 – Strength & Power – Focus on lower volume and heavier loads. Use the base of strength and stability to generate power and force in your lifts.
- EX: Back Squat – 3 Sets x 5 Reps @ 65, 75 & 85%
- Phase 4 – Power & Speed – Focus on translating strength to power and power to speed with compound movements and explosive plyometric movements. Example.
- Power Complex:
- 3 Power Cleans + 3 Front Squats + 3 Push Jerks.
- Full Body Complex:
- Back Squats 10-8-6-4-2 + after each set….
- 6e Bulgarian Squat Jump & 8e Renegade Row
- Power Complex:
The LP Conditioning Program includes Anaerobic, Aerobic and Stamina/Muscular Conditioning. Each 12 Week Phase includes a combination of all three types of conditioning with a progression from phase to phase:
- Phase 1 – Circuit Training – Combining anaerobic conditioning with muscular conditioning in multiple movements circuits to create an aerobic demand with circuit ranging from 2 – 10 minutes in duration.
- Example E4MOM Complete:
- 20/15 Cal Row, 15 Box Jumps, 10 DB Snatches
- Phase 2 – Interval Training – Short, Medium & Long Intervals to test each and every energy system.
- Example Assault Bike Intervals – 2 Rounds:
- Minute 1: 12/9 Calorie Bike
- Minute 2: 15/12 Calorie Bike
- Minute 3: 20/15 Calorie Bike
- Phase 3 – Steady State – Focus on keeping Heart Rate between 75-85% at a moderate intensity to build a base of conditioning in Running, Rowing & Biking while still incorporating Stamina.
- Example with Buy In and Buy Out:
- 1,000m Run, directly into…
- 5 Rounds:
- 10 Pull-Ups
- 30 Air Squats
- Directly into… 1,000m Run
- Phase 4 – Blitz Conditioning – Partner Battle, Leapfrog Circuits and Team Challenges.
- Example In Teams of 3 Complete:
- 120 Cal Bike/Row,
- 120 Box Jump Overs,
- Team Med Ball 1.2km Run
- 90 Cal Bike/Row,
- 90 Box Jump Overs,
- Team Med Ball 900m Run
- 60 Cal Bike/Row,
- 60 Box Jump Overs,
- Team Med Ball 600m Run
- 30 Cal Bike/Row,
- 30 Box Jump Overs,
- Team Med Ball 300m Run
Having long-term success requires constant challenge, continued variation and a balance of Training and Practice to push you to be your best short-term and long-term!
The LP Members have massive goals that they are striving towards this year! We take pride in helping them develop their Foundation of Strength and Conditioning so they can conquer any race, competition or pursuit they take on.